Sunday, July 17, 2011

Galactic Space Patrol 42, the GSP Beagle



She started life as a short haul freighter.  The Galactic Space Patrol was new and looking for ships for exploration.  They bought her, gave her the name Beagle, and she soldiered on for years.  She was about to go to the breakers yard, when the Patrol had one last duty for her.  As an old tramp freighter, she could get into places where a Patrol Cutter would stand out like a sore thumb.  They gave her a full suite of brand new electronics, a new Mannschenn Drive, and she was ready skulk around the rougher corners of the galaxy, putting Patrol teams into danger.

Our group recently started playtesting Blasters and Bulkheads, the pulp science fiction game using the Goal System.  I found some figures, and then at Michael's for about $6, I found this:


I think, from the big hole in the side, its supposed to be a decorative birdhouse.  The first problem was to make a hatch.  I am not the greatest scratchbuilder around, so with a Litko base, some plastic, and little "jewels" also from Michaels, I came up with this.



The goal system is for small groups of figures, so I bought a few figures and painted them up.  I still need to add some dullcoat, I did the "dip" method on them.




So now I have a contingent for the game.  If they get into action, I will post more pictures.  I decided that the huge hatch on the ship is to make cargo handling easier.  That's my story, and I am sticking to it.

1 comment:

  1. I love those figs. I have never picked them up though. Nice find on the ship too.

    ReplyDelete