Sunday, July 24, 2011

Some small projects

I have been working on some small projects, and finished a few.

First,  another $5 special from Michael's.


I didn't want to spend a lot of time on this.  It was another birdhouse.  It had a smaller structure on top, but it didn't leave enough room around the edges to put figures.  A quick whack with a rubber mallet removed the offending structure.  It left a pretty rough surface on top, because the glue kind of tore wood out.  I put in some craft sticks, used some more to make a door and frame it (to cover the big hole for the birdhouse) and painted it.  Its a bit dark where I paint, and my eyes are not what they should be.  I apparently need to do a bit of drybrushing with gray, as I got door paint on the wall.

The next thing I have been working on is Mech stuff.  We are playtesting a quick game for mechs, and we use the click stuff as its very cheap online.  All I do is rebase it, and here is the result.


The final project is my retro space guys for Blasters and Bulkheads.  I finished the bases and sprayed them with Dullcoat.



I am getting enough posts that I need to figure out the tagging business.  I have been poking around in the blogspot stuff, but haven't figured it out yet.

I am still working on my Seven Years War stuff.  I have a couple of artillery stands almost ready to go, and another battalion of Musketeers.  My buying has been slowed lately because of house repairs.  Its always something.

No comments:

Post a Comment