Wednesday, August 13, 2014

New Paint Rack

I have been looking for some way to organize my paints for a long time.  I know there are purpose built paint racks from some of the gaming companies, but I thought they were a bit expensive and I didn't like the look of the laser cut mdf racks.

I saw a mention of fingernail polish racks somewhere, and looked them up.  Through the magic of Amazon Prime, which my wife has, I got this.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0052FZORC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It comes in three pieces, with 6 bolts that you use to attach the sides.


This is right after I put it together.  Now for the painting table:


I mostly use the craft store paints.  My paint jobs are meant to be looked on the tabletop, not close up.  Each row holds 12 of the bottles, and there are 6 rows.  I have smaller bottles on the bottom row that fit more loosely.  This was all for $22.30.

I am very pleased with it.  It has solved a long standing problem on my table.

2 comments:

  1. Nice find. I may have to order one of those myself. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tape I like to use is a "painters" tape. This tape will peel off easily without taking any paint off of your surface. This is great stuff. Put it on window and door trims, molding and anywhere else you don't want paint. Paint Brush Supplier

    ReplyDelete