Sunday, November 17, 2013
I had posted a picture of this ship previously, but without sails. I had started and stopped with this project a couple of times as I wasn't satisfied with the result. I ended up buying slightly heavier cotton cloth, which looked better.
My current plans are to finish 2 x 10 gun brigs, 2 x 8 gun schooners, 2 x 4 gun cutters and 2 x 4 gun sloops. I still have a lot of sails to cut. I actually only have 3 ships ready to rig, but 2 more have the masts done and are ready to paint.
I want to mention once again that I probably would not have been able to do any of this without the use of my Optivisor. My eyes are not what they were, and it works well not only for painting but for the stitching and running of small black thread.
The rigging is definitely for wargaming. It only bears a vague resemblance to the actual rigging of a ship.
The next step is to buy a bunch of 15mm cannons for the ships.
Sunday, November 3, 2013
This brings the total forces to:
2 companies line infantry
1 company grenadier infantry
1 company light infantry
1 artillery battery
My next project is the third company for the line regiment, which will finish that unit.