Wednesday, December 25, 2013

A Very Merry Christmas

I hope everyone who reads this had a good Christmas.  I haven't been posting lately.  My wife had knee surgery about 10 days ago, and I have been pretty busy taking care of her, doing housework, cooking, etc.  It hasn't left much time for hobbies, unfortunately.  She is doing much better now, so I hope to get back to it soon.

Zori did get me several hobby related items for Christmas.  I got The Wargaming Compendium, which I am looking forward to reading.  Also, two rules sets, Of Gods and Mortals and In Her Majesty's Name.  She also got me another Defender's of France box of WWII French 28mm figures.

I have been reading Of Gods and Mortals.  I had heard it was based on Song of Blades and Heroes.  It is, but it looks like it may go a bit faster.  Instead of activating all figures one by one, the mortal figures are activated by units.  The God and Hero figures are activated individually, but there are not that many of them.

I have figures from Saga that I can use for the mortals.  I just need to find about 4-5 special figures and I will be ready to go.

In Her Majesty's name looks easier than doing GASLIGHT, which requires a fair bit of pre-game time to figure out your troops.  Also, GASLIGHT is a very large book or several smaller one.

I should also mention that I got 2 shirts for Christmas, so its not all fun and games.    :)

On a personal note, this last year was somewhat hard for me physically.  I also had knee surgery.  I am wondering if the fact that my house has spiral staircases has contributed to my wife and I both having knee problems.

We are going to Puerto Rico next month, so some time on the beach in warm weather can't do us any harm.

I hope all of you have a wonderful New Year.

Bill

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy Puerto Rico and the sun.
    Hope 2014 will be better for you both health wise.
    Some interesting gifts indeed.Enjoy the next 11 days of Christmas both of you.

    ReplyDelete