I have been working on some small projects, and finished a few.
First, another $5 special from Michael's.
I didn't want to spend a lot of time on this. It was another birdhouse. It had a smaller structure on top, but it didn't leave enough room around the edges to put figures. A quick whack with a rubber mallet removed the offending structure. It left a pretty rough surface on top, because the glue kind of tore wood out. I put in some craft sticks, used some more to make a door and frame it (to cover the big hole for the birdhouse) and painted it. Its a bit dark where I paint, and my eyes are not what they should be. I apparently need to do a bit of drybrushing with gray, as I got door paint on the wall.
The next thing I have been working on is Mech stuff. We are playtesting a quick game for mechs, and we use the click stuff as its very cheap online. All I do is rebase it, and here is the result.
The final project is my retro space guys for Blasters and Bulkheads. I finished the bases and sprayed them with Dullcoat.
I am getting enough posts that I need to figure out the tagging business. I have been poking around in the blogspot stuff, but haven't figured it out yet.
I am still working on my Seven Years War stuff. I have a couple of artillery stands almost ready to go, and another battalion of Musketeers. My buying has been slowed lately because of house repairs. Its always something.
Sunday, July 17, 2011
She started life as a short haul freighter. The Galactic Space Patrol was new and looking for ships for exploration. They bought her, gave her the name Beagle, and she soldiered on for years. She was about to go to the breakers yard, when the Patrol had one last duty for her. As an old tramp freighter, she could get into places where a Patrol Cutter would stand out like a sore thumb. They gave her a full suite of brand new electronics, a new Mannschenn Drive, and she was ready skulk around the rougher corners of the galaxy, putting Patrol teams into danger.
Our group recently started playtesting Blasters and Bulkheads, the pulp science fiction game using the Goal System. I found some figures, and then at Michael's for about $6, I found this:
I think, from the big hole in the side, its supposed to be a decorative birdhouse. The first problem was to make a hatch. I am not the greatest scratchbuilder around, so with a Litko base, some plastic, and little "jewels" also from Michaels, I came up with this.
The goal system is for small groups of figures, so I bought a few figures and painted them up. I still need to add some dullcoat, I did the "dip" method on them.
So now I have a contingent for the game. If they get into action, I will post more pictures. I decided that the huge hatch on the ship is to make cargo handling easier. That's my story, and I am sticking to it.