Sunday, April 10, 2011

First regiment done

This is the first regiment in the Die Fighting project.  It is the 16th Musketeer regiment.  The 6 grenadier figures are still being painted.  The picture came out a bit odd.  I used a satin finish on them, and it seems to have some glare.

I will be starting a medium battery next.  It will be 2 guns and 8 artillerists.

I had not painted for several years.  I blocked in the colors, then painted over it with Minwax tudor stain.  I then did a dullcote and did a little highlighting.  It doesn't show too well, I think I need to be a bit more aggressive about that.  The flags are from Warflags, I am not too crazy about them, but my attempt at hand painting flags was pretty pathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment