Saturday, October 26, 2013
I had painted all the 40mm figures that I had cast. The weather was going to be 65 and sunny, perfect day for casting some figures for winter painting.
I recently bought another infantry mold, in a slightly different pose. That one and my regular infantry figure were both casting well today. I got 2 full companies of infantry, and a company of light infantry. Actually, I just clipped the bayonets from 12 regular infantry and will paint them in dark green.
With command figures, it all came to 51 foot.
I also tried again to cast cavalry. I thought I was doing well, until I went to cut the sprue metal off of them. All but five had the swords break off. Oh well, I will try that again.
All in all, a great day casting.
This will give me the final company for my regiment, and a light company. I now also have an extra company of infantry, which will get painted with a different coat color, as I plan to start doing a second army.
Tuesday, October 8, 2013
When I cut the hulls for the next ship, I will see if I can do a tutorial on how I build them. I pretty much have the process down now.